Kohn Rath Danon & Lynch, LLP has an active and successful civil litigation practice. Our attorneys regularly litigate in many forums, including the Vermont Superior Court, the Vermont Environmental Court, and the United States District Court for the District of Vermont, in addition to representing clients in adversarial proceedings before the Public Service Board, the Vermont Environmental Board, local land use regulatory bodies (zoning boards), and other administrative agencies. Our attorneys are involved with a broad range of legal issues, including:
- Accidents, including victims suffering personal injury and the estates of those killed (wrongful death).
- Breach of contract claims – individuals and businesses seeking to enforce contractual obligations.
- Employment law, including representing employees wrongfully terminated and employers terminating problem employees.
- Real estate boundary and easement (rights of way) disputes.
- Construction law, including representing contractors, subcontractors, and owners in complex construction cases.
- Individuals and businesses seeking to protect intellectual property.
- A wide range of other, individualized problems.
We are experienced negotiators and we believe that a critical part of our civil litigation practice is helping clients to avoid the courtroom when possible. However, we believe in aggressively litigating when settlement is not our clients’ best interests.